Motorpoint Staycation Ts & Cs
Motorpoint Terms and Conditions
About the Promoter
We are Motorpoint Limited. Our company number is 3482801 and our registered office is at Chartwell Drive, West Meadows, Derby, DE21 6BZ, England. We are the Promoter behind the Promotion. Questions regarding these terms and conditions can be sent to us at the address above or by e-mail to email@example.com
Who may enter the Promotion
- Unless stated otherwise within the Promotion, the Promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over.
- Employees (or family members of employees) of the Promoter, any group company of the Promoter, companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies may not enter the Promotion.
- In entering the Promotion, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any Prize you may win.
- We may require that winners provide proof that they were eligible to enter the Promotion.
How to enter the Promotion
- To take part in any Promotion, you must follow the instructions as outlined in the Promotion.
- Unless stated otherwise within the Promotion:
- no purchase is necessary to enter the Promotion. Where the Promotion is aimed at existing customers of Motorpoint, the customer will not be required to make any additional purchase in order to enter the Promotion;
- you may only enter the Promotion once; and
- no one shall be entitled to more than one Prize from the Promotion.
- The Promotion will set out the mode of entry. The “entrant” is the person whose name is identified on the mode of entry.
- The Promotion will set out the time and date the Promotion will run from Monday, July 27, 2020 to Sunday, August 9, 2020.
- The Closing Date will not be changed unless unavoidable circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so and either:
- not to change the date would be unfair to those who sought to participate within the original terms; or
- those who sought to participate within the original terms will not be disadvantaged by the change.
Winner selection and notification
- Each winner will be selected at random using an online computer process, unless the Promotion is to be judged individually, in which case the person responsible for judging the Promotion will be named in the terms and conditions of the individual Promotion.
- Each winner will win £250 worth of Hotel Gift vouchers.
- The winners will be notified by email within seven working days of the draw.
- The Prize may be subject to specific terms and conditions of the individual Promotion, in which case such terms will prevail over these terms and conditions where there is a conflict.
Process for claiming a Prize
- To be eligible to claim the Prize, winners must respond to the Prize notification message within 7 days of the date it was sent.
- Failure to respond within the requested period or provide any necessary personal details will result in the Prize being forfeited.
- We reserve the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner if, for any reason, we decide it is not possible to award the Prize, there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or the Prize is not accepted in accordance with the process set out above.
The Promoter’s Liability
- We accept full liability for all matters for which we cannot, under English law, exclude or limit our liability.
- Subject to the above paragraph, the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, agents, and any other third parties involved in the Promotion, will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) acts, omissions and occurrences resulting from circumstances beyond their reasonable control, including:
- entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason (proof of delivery of an entry shall not be considered proof of receipt by Motorpoint);
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion;
- any changes to Prizes or the way in which they can be used;
- damage, loss, injury you suffer by entering the promotion or as a result of accepting any Prize;
- problems with the allotment or dispatch of Prizes (such as Prizes failing to reach the intended recipient);
- any act, omission or default of any third party supplier;
- any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion;
- weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation;
- network, computer, hardware or software failure of any kind (which may affect the sending, receipt or processing of your entry).
- computer virus, network/technical/
communications failure or tampering
- In the event of any of the circumstances set out in the above paragraph, we may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or invalidate any affected entries (subject to any written directions given under applicable law).
- Entries must not be made through agents or third parties or any automated entry software or any other means which allow you to automatically enter repeatedly.
- Incomplete entries will be disqualified and will not be counted.
- If we have grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent conduct of any kind (including manipulating the promotion, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) we reserve the right (in our sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person we reasonably believe to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity.
- Entries may be subject to moderation. We reserve the right to deem an entry to be ineligible should it contain offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content.
- We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- Our decisions in respect of the Promotion shall be final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these terms and conditions will be disqualified.
Publicity and use of Personal Details
- Details of Prize winners’ names and county of residence will be available for one month after the Closing Date by writing to us at the address set out above and stating the name and date of the Promotion.
- If you win the Promotion you agree to allow us to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration. You may be required to take part in reasonable publicity, marketing and PR activity at our request.
- If the Prize includes a guest, the winner and their guest may be required for promotional activity (e.g. photographs to be taken) and are required to make themselves available without charge for publicity purposes and agree to publication of his/her name. It is a condition of a guest attending the Prize that they provide the same consent.
English Law applies
- The Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including the Prize(s)), shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim.